Podlove Web Player is a HTML5 based web player for audio and video media files that is optimized and extended for the specific needs of podcasters. This player will be the integrated player for the Podlove Podcast Publisher but can be used independent from it.
The Podlove Web Player is based on Mediaelement.js. In the future, the player wants to implement the following features:
- Dedicated Player for podcast episodes
- Display of podcast logos, shows and episode titles (not yet implemented)
- Display of chapter marks with random access playback of chapters
- Semantic show notes integrated into the player as outline
- Flash fallback for Internet Explorer and other dinosaurs, but limited to provide just the basic features. New features will be available on HTML5 only.
- Support for deep linking to chapters and other random parts
- Embeddable player that puts episodes in other blogs
- Possible Integration of Flattr
The player is available in an early version as a ready-to-use WordPress plugin.
Development of the plugin is an open process. The current version is available on github:
Feel free to contribute and to fix errors or send improvements via github.
If you encounter a specific problem using the Podlove Web Player that you think is a bug, please consider submitting the problem here: